> Academic/Career > EEC PQ Registry

If you are currently working in early education or out-of-school time in an EEC-licensed center-based program or family child care home in Massachusetts, you will need to register for a Professional Qualifications Registry number to comply with the regulations issued in January 2010. Educators, including assistants, who work with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, or school age children in EEC-licensed settings are required to register and update their registration annually. EEC is also asking educators in programs that are not subject to EEC licensure but that are participating in EEC's Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) pilot register by that date.

In order to participate in EPS trainings you must have a PQR number.

Please note that having an EEC teacher certification does not mean that you are already registered

EEC Professional Development Registry Info Page

EEC Professional Development Registry Info Page
If you are a person who is responsible for the regular care and education of children from birth through school age, you should register in the EEC Professional Qualifications Registry (PQ Registry). If you are working at an EEC-licensed small or large group, school age, or family child care program, your employer is required to make sure you register.
Registration is easy and online.