Types of Trainings
Trainings are available to Family Child Care, Center based and Out of School time educators. They can be anywhere from one, two-hour sessions, to several multi date sessions, or courses that span several months.
Trainings can be:
- On-site located in numerous spaces across the region and offered during the day, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- CEU series are between 5 - 40 hours in length and held in several sessions or through distance learning. Once an educator has accrued 4 CEU's the Department of Early Education and Care will accept them in lieu of a college course for Lead Teacher or Director qualifications.
- Private Trainings The training department is available to work with individual programs to design and implement customized trainings at your site. We also plan staff professional development days for programs. If you have a particular training need and would like trainings brought to you directly, please don't hesitate to contact us for more information!
- Distance learning courses are designed for child care professionals wishing to complete trainings at home at their convenience. Distance learning courses are courses that educators study independently and correspond with a facilitator through the use of postal mail, or email. Assignments are presented that require an educator to read, research, reflect and complete homework. Typically, Internet accessibility is necessary.
- On-line courses are also a training option. These courses are completely web-based and all correspondence is via the internet either self-paced or instructor led.