Out of School Time - (OST)
Out of School Time Educators
The Preschool Enrichment Team has launched a new approach to work with Out of School Time (OST) Programs throughout all four counties in Western Massachusetts to provide training and support for educators through EEC's Educator and Provider Support Grant (EPS). This new approach is to bring services directly to your site.
This initiative is deliberately designed to meet the unique needs for educators working in OST Programs. By outreaching to Program Directors through direct contact and also assembling a leaders cohort we are able to provide opportunities for OST educators in a new, personalized fashion. Please consider joining our cohort!
Here's how PET can help your OST program:
Provide on-site training focused on OST educators and the unique focus of programming for older children and youth.
- At PET, our expert trainers offer a variety of professional, research-based training opportunities that will keep you and your team engaged while providing useful content knowledge and hands-on strategies, activities, and tools that you can implement in your program right away.
- PET is able to offer a variety of courses to provide professional development in all program areas such as Curriculum, Literacy, STEM, Administration & more.
Provide On-Site Technical Assistance for completing IDPD's, Coaching and Mentoring for Program Improvement, and for QRIS and NAA Accreditation.
- An OST Specialist will provide individual support based on your programs needs.
- Programs fill out a needs survey, the Technical Assistance coach then meets with the program director to develop an improvement plan.
Connect your program to local, state and national resources.
- PET is building an OST network here in Western Mass to support educators, provide professional development and to share resources.
- PET partners with many local and statewide OST organizations such as the Hasbro Summer Learning Initiative, the Regional Employment Board, the Pioneer Valley and Berkshire County Readiness Centers, Massachusetts Afterschool Partnership (MAP) and BOSTnet, our statewide connection to national out of school time associations.
Please click on the links below for on-line resources.
Pioneer Valley STEM NetworkMore
Build the Out-of-School Time Network (Bostnet) More
Massachusetts Afterschool Partnership (MAP)More